Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tuesday

The days are going so fast I feel like I have entered a time warp. Yesterday we needed to do a lot of research on different bits and pieces, banks, insurance, schools, mobile contracts etc so we were running all over the place.

Can’t get used to the Czech bank system, you only have to sneeze inside a branch and you’ll get charged for it. You have to pay to have an account, you have to pay for a visa, and for maintaining that visa, and you have to pay to send money or transfer it. You have to pay to withdraw money and to have direct debits drawn on your account, every single thing they can think of they charge for.

We received our first post this morning, both companies managed to address them incorrectly, typical. Only, one of them was the Royal Mail re-direction service!!!

This morning we thought it would be nice to have our first jaunt into the forest behind our flat. Petra had a run, I took the bike out, the forest is fantastic but unfortunately it rained whilst we were out, and now I have to bring a wet dirty bike back into the flat. Something I’ll have to get used to.

Petra has gone off by herself to do some things today, she had to go to the town she lived in before to transfer her insurance to the offices in Prague, she’ll go to see her mum and catch up with a few friends. I had a walk around Prague and took a gamble on the trams myself; it turned out ok though so no worries there.

I’m feeling bloody knackered but that’s to be expected considered the lack of sleep I had over the past 2 weeks.

We took a look at a couple of gyms, but I reckon it will be best to see where we settle in the future to decide which will be the best gym to go to. We’ll have to make do with running, cycling and swimming for the time being.

I had a real pain in the arse with my own mobile, I changed the contracted SIM to a PAYG but I didn’t realise it would not allow the previous services I was used to, like email and internet on the move. Then the call and text charges were so high I run out my credit in 2 days but couldn’t to up because they only accept payment cards registered to a UK address, which of course I changed at my bank when I moved. So I have to buy a phone card and ask my brother to go top up my phone for me so that I could then sort out all the other issues I mention. I think I am pretty much there now, just can’t get Internet on the mobile anymore.

So I am going to catch a few zzzzzz’s now and maybe later go out for another walk or to the cinema, or something?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home