Saturday, September 23, 2006

Moving on

This past week has been a roller coaster of emotion, and has come to an end on a very positive note.  Earlier in the week I called my solicitor to explain our need to have some notice for exchange and completion of the sale because I still needed to arrange all of the transportation requirements.  She told me she would try to get some answers from the other solicitor and get back to me, as the week went on we had no news.  On Thursday I had a call from the agents to arrange for the buyer to view my property again with her builder to start to measure up for alterations, so I had the opportunity to speak to the buyer and get her side of why the sale had stalled.  She had said to me that she was aware that I was trying to push the sale through by the 29th but her solicitor had said that it was very unlikely.  After some thought I realised that maybe I had got my hopes up too high and the reality was that it would most probably be a few weeks away.

Then on Friday afternoon, I had a call from my solicitor asking if I was ready to move next week because she was about to exchange the contracts and make it all binding.  Which spun it all around and caused mayhem as I had to get on the phone to friends and family etc to get them all actioned on the parts that they will play in the move process.  My brother had to shoot out of work and go to the van hire centre to book a van, which really was at the 11th hour as they need 3 days to clear the insurance for Europe, and he will be collecting the van on Wednesday morning.

So, here we go, so much to do, I will finish at work on Saturday, and visit my parents in Lincoln on Sunday. By next weekend I will be living in Prague. Wish me luck eh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home