Monday, September 11, 2006

There is hope

Wow, it has been a lovely weekend, so sunny and warm.  I have been real busy with work on Saturday and then a great deal of chores on Sunday.  I spent a number of hours working on the garden, and Petra and I washed, T-Cut and polished the car so that it was lovely and clean to go on sale this week.  I must say, it did come up a treat.

So today I have a day off, which I will spend some time working on the garden, and I have a couple of people to meet also.  With any luck in the next couple of days I will get some exchange and completion dates from the solicitor.  I can then make final plans for flights, van and ferry.   I’ll also be able to make final cut off dates for my television service, mobile, and gas and electricity.  As soon as the car is sold I can cancel the car insurance to.

The weather forecast is a little less sunny over the next few days, with a little more rain due.  I wish now for a really fine September and October for our entrance into Prague, I know that the winter will be really harsh an it will be so much harder to settle in as it will be more difficult to make the most of the outdoors when the weather is bad.

The exchange rate had gone very favourable in our favour for a couple of weeks, it’s a shame we are not ready to make the switch just yet, as the rate has just started to fall again.  Doh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home