Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thursday

Been out in the forest again this morning, for a little bike ride. Made a better effort than the other morning to, went further around the outside, it’s beautiful. Interesting sight though, we saw a couple of Czech park rangers collecting dead deer. They were carrying one towards the car, whilst the boot of the car already had one in. Couldn’t tell you how they died, maybe people go into the woods and shoot them, or maybe they die of natural causes?

It’s going to be interesting and challenging trying to get a residency permit, a lot of red tape to get through. I apparently have to have a reason to be here, eg work. Although having read a few documents regarding residency permits there is ‘to maintain a family’ as a reason for applying, so I reckon this could be the one. My application will have to be accompanied by a number of papers. Like, passport, driving licence, marriage certificate, health insurance certificate, proof of place of residency, proof that I can support myself financially for the term I wish to stay.

We have an appointment with our solicitor tomorrow morning so we can ask some questions then. Petra has an interview on Monday morning for one of the agencies, ready to put her out to companies. We’ll have to go and buy her a nice new suit today.

Got myself a Czech o2 SIM yesterday, doesn’t seem o be a problem getting one of those, however, the kind of tariff I am used to is not available here, well not without great expense, so I will have to lower my expectations!

Opening a bank account shouldn’t be too hard although some of them have far more conditions than other, for example KB bank ask for almost the same papers as applying for a residency permit, so I doubt I will be going with them, 2 others we have enquired at, Reifaissen and eBanka just require 2 forms of ID (so they say). Ebanka is possibly the best for low charges, however, they are a young bank and my concern would be the security of my money. If you pay 15,000 Kc per month into the account you can get basic banking free. With a small maintenance charge for the Visa card.

Anyway, Petra is hovering around me to go out, so I’ll update again later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home