Saturday, December 30, 2006

First Snow Fall

A little snap of cold weather finally arrived. We had a real dumping of snow the other night, the only problem is that it melted the next day so it has just left us feeling rather wet. Well Christmas has come and gone really quickly, as I guess it always does. Now just the New Year to get through which I think is going to be rather a non-event, our fault of course because we have not booked anything for it or planned a decent party.

The next couple of months are going to be the hardest of the year, I really want to find a job, but can't figure out what to apply for or pursue. I had sent my CV to a couple of people but got absolutely no response, just like being back home!

I've made a bit more of an effort to train lately, it's made me feel more positive in general, been doing a decent amount of running which lifts the spirit a bit. and when it's not so bitingly cold I'll get back out on the bike, it's as low as -6 degrees on some days, so my ears can't cope with that sort of cold.

My friend Eliza came and visited for a couple of days, which was great, it was my first visitor from the UK, we did the usual site seeing and stuff, probably bored the pants off of her. Next week I start my new language school I hope I can handle the new teacher, I'm told that she likes to do a lot of oral lessons, and this is where I struggle most.

I need everyone who knows me to cross there fingers and make wishes for me. The exchange rate is so bad at the moment and I haven't changed up my sterling yet, on Christmas day it recovered really well but of course all the offices are closed on Christmas day, so I was stuffed.

As far as our flat buying is going, there is nothing to tell. We will meet the developer next week, and if it has any bearing, make a decision.

Happy New to ALL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home