Saturday, December 09, 2006

On The Move

The new windows in the flat look great. They were completed on thursday and the lady who owns the flat made a plan to keep us away for the day, I would have helped her move all the furniture back into place but she organised for her son to take me to the pictures whilst Petra was at work, and she said to Petra "it's better if you don't come back before 6pm because the workmen will still be here fitting the blinds". I think this was just part of her plan to keep us away from the flat a little longer. When we arrived home at about 7.30pm the lady had cleaned the whole flat, put back all the furniture and ...................... decorated it with Christmas stuff, it looked absolutely fantastic. I had the Christmas feeling in my tummy. We also had a little Father Christmas stocking each with goodies in it, what an amazing landlord!

Yesterday we visited our solicitor, and discussed the purchase of the flat we like, he let us know that he will adjust the contract of reservation with additional clauses from the original that the agents sent, and at the beginning of next week we should be able to pay a deposit and secure the property. Following this it should be agreed that we will make the full payment within 8-12 weeks after the main checks and papers are obtained. But we may not be able to move in for up to 3 months after we buy it, because in Czech Republic the papers for the sale of the flat will go to an office where the property details and new owners are registered. only at this point will we release the final funds to the seller, this is why we may not be able to move in on signing of contract. On the other hand the sellers may be amiable enough to agree for us to move in before registration even without full payment. We will only know in time.

I had a surreal experience discussing the solicitors fees with him. I had better not go into detail but just let's say, the conversation would have been better placed in a market in india.

Can't believe that it's only a couple of weeks till Christmas now. I don't feel particularly prepared, but I expect most people are like that. The weather is also unusual, still so warm, not even any snow in the mountains. Temperatures around 5-8 degrees during the day. I'll be sending my Christmas cards today, I hope they will arrive in time.

I want to go and watch some more hockey matches but can't persuade Petra to go, I'm not sure if it's because she don't like hockey or don't like standing for so long to watch it. I have to agree though that it can take upto 2.5 hours of your free time to watch the match. They have 15 min break between each 3rd, a 3rd is 20 minutes on the clock and could be 30 minutes in real time because of stoppages on the clock for fouls or whatever. But in terms of entertainment, great value at 60Kc (1.50 gbp).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home