Thursday, November 16, 2006

What about this weather

where to start? well the weather is the easy place, its definitely turning for the winter with most days now cold and wet, except yesterday which was like summer, the mornings now have thick fog from the warm air of the morning depressing the cold air of the night.

I am so looking forward to skiing this weekend, I feel so lucky to be off to Austria for 3 days, I'll do my best not to break anything. maybe I ĺl get a couple of photos to send.

The things that make me laugh here. Well I got a letter from the post office the other day telling me that they were unable to post a letter to me because it had to be signed for and I wasn't in. So Petra and I went to the post office and collected the letter, which was from the Foreigners Police. I was told in the letter to go to the offices and collect my residency permit, so its good to know that it ahs been approved. so rather than wait I jumped on the metro and went off to the offices at Pankrac, only to find that they were closed! Permanantly, and relocating to another area of Prague, I copied down the signs from the office doors as they were only written in Czech, quite annoying as these offices are for foreigners. Then this morning I got another letter, but this time from the foreigners police at different offices, the one for non EU citizens. The letter told me that I had 10 days to go and collect my permit from them. So I am not really sure what to do but I think I will first go to the offices in Prague 3 and see if they send me to the other place.

I went to watch pro football for the first time last night, to Sparta Stadium just behind Letna park, Czech were playing Denmark, it was only a friendly but the game was a bit average. The great thing is that a ticket for the match only costs 100 Kc (2.50) what a bargain.

my studies are going quite well, I enjoy gonig to class but I dislike the teacher because she is so rude and impatient. Maybe I will get a decent teacher on my next course.

Had a right calamity on my journey to the town today, I didn¨t really want to come to town but Petra needed me to do something for her. I jumped on the tram and made part of the journey when the metro stopped at Prazkeho povstani and everyone had to disembark, they did explain why, in Czech, but that was not helpful for those speaking other languages. I waited for a moment on the platform then heard someone explain in english that a train had broken down in the tunnel so all trains were stopped. I followed the crowds out towards some buses which I guessed would take everyone to the town. The unfortunate part was that it turned out to be a total "free-for-all" to get on a bus, people packed themselves in so bad that the doors wouldnt shut, but instead of getting back off, others outside just pulled and pushed the doors until they closed, squashing all inside, it was quite unbelievable. I managed to get onto the 4/5th bus and next had to catch a tram into the town from where the bus dropped off. Well I made it!

Now I shall head home and get the last bits packed for the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home