Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Tuesday Social

I have now got over a recent dose of food poisoning, something like my seventh or eighth now. It's not like I don't watch what I eat either, so forgive me if I feel a little pissed off about it. I would like to share with you the story of me in the bathroom one night acting like a garden sprinkler, however, it's not really for sharing even though it was bloody funny to tell my brother.

I have just got back from a school social evening, the first in fact that I have been to, and I think it was the first that the school has run. Without wishing to offend anyone, I guess the politest way I could describe it would be to say, 'not my thing' and leave it at that. I'll give you a little more sustance then! Pub no bigger than a shoe box, with the appearance of Mary Poppins attic, bunch of people sitting around not in the slightest bit interested in talking to anybody they didn't already know before they got there, one guy sitting in the corner juggling with his balls (he must have been a budding juggler!) and a DVD realeased in 1984 about a Czech brewery manager and his wife who appeared to be the only woman in the village and was idolised by all men. There were a couple of laughs in it but I did struggle to keep awake.

Just one point of interest, I find it fascinating how cultured the Czech people are, from young to old they know about and are passionate about all famous Czech Artistes, Composers, Writers, Artists, Singers Actors, Painters, Sportsmen, Architects and so on, it's quite impressive how knowledgable the locals are about the history of the arts. I certainly didn't experience this in the UK, at least half the kids in my school wouldn't know who the lady on the front of a £5 note is. (I'll give you a clue-her first name is 'Queen')

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home