Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hot Hot Hot

I suppose everyone will write this, today was apparently the hottest July day since 1911, I can tell you, it felt like it.  I really enjoy the good weather and the sunshine, it makes me feel so much happier, though I am annoyed slightly that practically everybody in this country likes to continually moan about our weather whether it is good or bad.  All winter you hear “I hate the cold, I can’t wait til summer” then during the few short weeks of summer you hear “I hate it, it is far too hot” so, I ignore these sad people, why can’t we just be grateful and say, let’s make the most of what we have!

We are off to Prague in just 10 Days, I am very excited and can’t wait to go, I am really looking forward to a full 2 weeks holiday this time, we often just go for a week and always feel like its too short.  I need to make sure I have a new book this time, most likely I will get a Patricia Cornwall or a James Patterson.  I can imagine myself now, sitting in a pub garden or courtyard enjoying a lovely ice cold Beer (pivo).  We will spend a lot of time looking closely at all areas of Prague and considering where we will buy our flat, we will also view as many as we can, it’s probably worth mentioning here that we have still had no interest in our house at all, even at the lower price, so I have resigned myself now to having to wait along time for the sale.

Working back at the shop has been interesting, I have enjoyed the day to day bits more that I thought I would, I still enjoy building the bikes most, but that’s understandable when I am naturally happiest working with my hands and staying busy.  The troublesome part has been some manning issues that have escalated more than anticipated, but only because of the immaturity and idiocy of the team members in our employ.  I hope that these issues will quieten down as quickly as they arose, so that we can all just begin to enjoy our working environment again.

My mum and dad made a flying visit last week to my grans, for just 2 days I think, I was sad that I was not able to catch up with them during this time, I was working of course but still it would have been nice to see them.

I also hear that my uncle has lost his job, I fear that he may find it difficult to find work now as he is not a young man anymore and has been at his last job for as many as 16 years or more.

I need to call the council again regarding the trees at the side of the house as they have still not been to cut them back, another disappointing telephone call I anticipate.  The pessimist in me foresees a conversation along the lines of “we have scheduled it in and we may be round to do it within the next 5 years”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home