Sunday, June 25, 2006

more to come

The past week has been quite busy, I had a chance to catch up at lunch with an old friend,  She is still having a hard time with men, this is a real shame because she is a really nice girl, very genuine and kind.  Unfortunately though she has had one of those runs of luck.   For a long time she was with a guy, who was also really nice, but they were just not compatible, but it took her over 4 years to do anything about it.  Then she finally did, but went straight into another relationship with a guy who is completely messing with her head, at a superficial level the new guy is also a nice bloke, but he shows signs of being a bit cranky.  For a while my friend was telling me that the current relationship was nothing serious and it seemed that maybe he was more into her than the other way around, but then he did the dirty on her and ‘dabbled’ with another girl, which should have put an end to it there and then, but for her own reasons my friend seems to react to this by suddenly coming across as the pursuiter as opposed to the pursuitee.  Since the incident others have surfaced and looking from the outside in, I would say that the guy has trouble keeping his pants up, but that’s really none of my concern.  My friend has played down their relationship and talked about their ‘obvious’ troubles over the past 5/6 months, sadly though, she seems to struggle to understand that the coupling really has little future stability, and I suggested to her that she needs to be free again and take some time out from men to get herself straight.  However, the last thing to report on this is that she chooses not to end it but continue punishing herself with less than she deserves.  Again, this isn’t my pain, I just hope for her that she can gain the courage to come to a more forward thinking decision soon and get herself back on track.

I went over to Essex on Saturday Morning , to meet a previous employer, which may be fruitfull, hopefully this week I will secure some work, albeit temporary but certainly some way to earn a living.

Last night I sent a CV over to the Hilton in Prague asking for advice on employment in the health club of the Hotel,  it would be rather cool to get a reply and hopefully some useful information.

Of course, there is no need telling you all that England are playing today therefore I will be glued to the TV in a short while getting stuck in to the match, lets hope the outcome is positive so that our participation in the competition continues.

There should be a bit more leafleting for me to do this week also, I am just waiting for a call from the club I do the job for to let me know that the stock is in, then I can be on my merry way walking a good 4/5 hours per day from door to door listening to my music to pass the time.

I have had a quiet time with Petra this past couple of weeks, although there are some things that concern me a little, she seems less happy more recently than I remember her to be earlier on.  I’m not to sure why this may be, there are a number of things I can speculate about, the obvious one is that she wants to be home, and it is harder knowing that we have begun the process but are held up from not selling the house very quickly.  Other reasons would concern me more, I’m not sure she feels the same way about me as she used to,  we laugh less now, and some of the fun that kept us going seems not so forthcoming.  I certainly wonder if my ‘ways’ are contributing to her changing ‘ways’  I have no doubt that couples feed off each other in a close relationship. Therefore it may just well be that I am the cause of the less positive, fun loving, tolerant and amusing PJ that I first met.  I must make more effort to inject life into our lives and love.  I certainly won’t go through this conjuring ideas that it is only PJ to blame for the waning enthusiasm.  Positive thought and positive action, is the ingredients I must begin employ in the creation of our future happiness or longevity.

I must say, that the effort will be worth it, as she is the best thing that has happened to my life and certainly the most positive force in our future potential.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home