Sunday, June 04, 2006

Czech Election Deadlock

I was hoping that the election of Friday/Saturday would be clear cut and decisive, but alas, the country finds itself in a very uncertain period. The voters gave no clear winner and the outcome remained deadlocked between the CSSD and the ODS. I don't know where it goes from here, do they do a recount, or do the elections have to run again. Maybe it goes to the courts and the justice system to name the government. (that will be fair then! :-/).

On a different point, my house is now up for sale and I hope, with real hope, that it sells quickly. I haven't got a job yet and although we are not up the creek, I would rather be working whilst we wait out the sale period and make the final plans for our move to Czech, I guess not getting the job I had gone for made my mind up finally that it was time for us to accept the risk and leap into the next chapter of our lives, we will not know what it holds until the pages are turned and our life story plays out. The only sure thing is that I feel in my heart that I must try to live in Prague and see if it brings to me a purpose in my life that I feel has been lacking for the past 2 years. I am so lucky that I have found a woman to love who fulfills me, she is my rock and completes me. It has been since I met her that I have realised that my life must move on, to experience more, learn more, LIVE more. She is my treasure and my pleasure, and I want to be the same to her.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely post, great sentiment, fantastic attitude.

Just one thought...

Did you swallow a Hallmark Card?!!!

(kidding, hope all goes well...)

7:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home