Saturday, May 20, 2006

Life is precious

Life Is Precious. Yesterday afternoon I was listening to the radio, our local station CTR 105.6fm, just whilst I was working at my PC. The traffic was building up in the town because the Police had to close a road, Barker Road. This location is where I used to work, when I was the general manager of David Lloyd Maidstone. As the afternoon went on, and I continued to listen, the DJ reported more and more information, apparently some poor soul had been knocked down by a car in Barker Road just by the B&Q store. I thought to myself ‘what a shame’ and in my mind hoped they would be OK.

This morning we got out of bed and decided to go to the gym, just recently my brother made a pact to train every Saturday morning and I thought it would be nice to meet up with him. So we arrived and got ourselves started, as we chatted away, the tannoy came on and the receptionist made an announcement that at 3 O’clock in the afternoon the team at the club would be holding a 5 minute silence to remember -------- (I didn’t hear this bit) who died at 3pm yesterday afternoon. When I finished my stint on the X-trainer I asked the instructor who the tannoy had mentioned died yesterday, and he told me.

Mick Franklin was a lovely guy, so friendly and likeable, he had worked at David Lloyd Maidstone for about 5 years and was a colleague of mine. He was very popular with the members and knew so many of them by name. It’s terribly sad news to hear of his passing, and in such a awful way. It was Mick the news was about yesterday, he was on his way to work when he got knocked down.

I would just like todays post to be a message to remember him and to express how much I feel for his family who will be struggling with this difficult time, he leaves his wife and son with us. God Bless Mick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home