Sunday, May 14, 2006

the fat man walking

So, this morning on our run, Petra (my wife) were talking about this guy in America who has walked across America. His reason for doing this is because he become grossly overweight after a personal trauma knocked him over the edge into a depression. Basically the guy had accidentally run down two pedestrians (directly quoted from his website) after which his mental health took turn for the worse. His weight increased to 29 stone (I think my brother is competing) and I guess a time came when he decided he needed to snap out of it, for the sake of his family, a wife and 2 children. Good for you I say! I had a look at the pictures he has posted and I read some of the journal he kept and I would encourage you to take a little nosey at the site. I like the 'happy ending' type stories that tell of life changing experiences. ~But the reason I decided to tell a little of this story today is quite simply to set a platform for you to share a giggle at another classic quote from my wife which went like this. Tyler "so, this guy has walked right across America..." Petra "what, by foot?" Tyler "do you know any other way...?"
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home