Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Interviews

Interviews are stressful occasions and I think I have probably put myself through too many in the past year, I have in fact had 3 sets of interviews that’s 7 in total, my most recent being today. It’s a great feeling when you finish one, the weight of that which has consumed you for a week feels like it is lifted and you have nothing more to worry about until you’re given either the rejection or the offer.

I am proud of my efforts today, I think I have represented myself well, diligent, resourceful, thorough and experienced, if I was to criticise myself I think I would say that the presentation I made was probably a little too long. I should know by now that when I get talking I can go on, but, you see, when I rehearsed the presentation to myself it took about 15-20 minutes. The trouble was, when answering additional questions and me getting carried away, it actually took near to an hour, which is maybe the negative.

I felt far less nervous than I thought I would, I got a little worked up before hand but maybe it is a good thing, I don’t like to feel anxious though as I know that I perform much better once I am calm and in control. Fortunately, the interviewer was gentle with me and put me at ease, I can be glad of that.

So now it is another waiting game, a week before I will find out if the job is mine or not. It would be a very convenient position as they are just 2 or 3 miles from my house, it could pose a minor problem though as we were going to move over towards Larkfield or Leybourne way when I do get a job, which is much further for travelling. That’s just a hurdle we will cross when we come to it.

Of course, I have to decide what to do if I get a rejection, which is still possible even though I am by far the most capable candidate. I can’t go on much longer not working it just makes you worry because you know that you still have bills to pay a so on. Maybe, you’ll see me next stacking shelves at Tesco!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home