Friday, February 09, 2007

Podoli Swimming pool

Took a trip to the pool at Podoli today, I have been looking forward to it for a while, and arranged to meet Radek at 2 o'clock. The facility is really quite old and tired looking but it is the biggest and probably still the best in Prague and although it's old and worn, it's not actually dirty so still it's worth going. The charge is for a time period and the first tarif is 80 Kc for 1.5 hours then 100 Kc for 2 hours and so on. The pool temperature is kept around 26/27 degrees which is fine for the Czechs but a little colder than I am used to. So I have to swim fast or stay only a short time!

I started off in the indoor pool and initially forgot that the pool depth is much greater than UK pools so first off I got a couple of good dunkings, the indoor pool was quite busy and had a few kids lessons so after a short while Radek talked me into braving the outdoor pool, which means a quick dash outside in the freezing air, trotting across the walkway squeeling like a girl because of the cold. Once in, the pool felt great, really refreshing and big enough to stretch my body out as I swam, the sunshine even came out and made it feel spring like. I thought for a moment how it is so unlikely I would have been in the outdoor pool in the UK on the 9th February!

Looking forward to warmer days and roller-blading in the park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home