Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Vikend Akce

We had a fun weekend, firstly on Friday evening we went to watch the ice hockey at the Slavia Stadium, we seem to bring the team luck, for each of the 3 games that we have been to, Slavia have won, and scored 7 goals each game!

Saturday morning we arranged to meet Jana and Radek at an ice skating rink. I guess usual for myself, I had some preconceived idea of what the rink may look like and considering that Ice Skating is a national sport here my idea was that the rink would be good quality and well taken care of. I got a bit of a shock, it was nothing more than an ice rink covered by what seemed to be a delapidated air craft hanger. Once this had sunk in it was fine, I just got on with the skating, and really enjoyed myself. The justification of course, as always is the price you pay. In the UK when we would go to the Gillingham Ice Rink, if I remember well, we would pay around £6 each to skate, and the facility had restaurant, bar, shop etc. and of course this all requires manning. Here we paid 70 Kc, which equates to about £1.75. No shop, restaurant, bar or safety staff. I'm sure we'll go back again soon, after all the reason you go is for the ice, and the other bits are not really importan, we'll equip ourselves with a flask of hot tea, a snack or two, and have a great time.

On Sunday evening, we went to a place called 'Rudolfinum' an historical and well kept theatre in the centre. Petra received some tickets from work and on this evening the program was for an american Jazz quartet. I couldn't say that the music was fantastic, but it was good, and extremely well played, I would have prefered more mainstream old american Jazz. but the concert was around 2 hours long and Petra said she really enjoyed it. of course it was nice to have a lovely posh night out together to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home