Thursday, November 15, 2007

New Start at DHL

I started my new job at DHL on Monday, and it has not been quite what I expected so far, I always seem to be in the 'it can only happen to me situation' So I am sitting here at the moment hoping that very soon things will begin to improve. In any case, I'll give you a quick run down of this week. Monday morning I arrived at the time scheduled on my joining instructions, but I had to wait for a while at reception because my contact was not ready to receive me, then immediately he explained that he had meetings to attend and promptly showed me to a desk on the 3rd floor and said 'enjoy the coffee, I'll come back for you later'. I saw him once more that day at about 10.30 when we rushed along to the T-mobile rep so that I could pick up my mobile. My contact went back to another meeting.

Petra has helped me to get my security pass, which I received on Wednesday, however, you are meant to receive this on your first working day. I also picked up my laptop on Monday afternoon from the IT department, at least I have this. At 4.00pm on Monday I met the HR representitive to complete all my induction particulars to comply with the law.

Apart from this, I was scheduled for an interview with a department manager to see if I would be appointed to that department, but he didn't show up for the first meeting, so we rescheduled for the following day at 12, which got rescheduled again to 2.00pm which he was also unable to keep. so I am still waiting for a meeting.

To summarise, I have been sitting at a desk for 4 days with no one to speak to and very little to do other than what I can find for myself. Hence, this blog entry.

I hope that soon I will be appointed to a team and that I can start to train and learn what I need to for my job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home