Saturday, November 03, 2007

Another change

As you may know I have been working for a couple of months as a furniture restorer/repairer, well this is what I was supposed to be doing, however, within a couple of days, I started to get asked to take care of a lot of other maintenance problems at the company I worked for.  This covered almost everything you could think of from changing a broken toilet seat to cleaning the inside of a boiler, I even fitted new sinks, cupboards and mirror/shelf sets in 3 bathrooms.  I spent time making garden planters, fitting lights, moving flowers and plants (including small trees), painting, repairing locks, and just occasionally working on the furniture

The job was ok, in fact I quite enjoyed it, but there were a few other things that put a black cloud over working there.  So I looked for other work and through persistence with one company in particular, managed to secure another job.

This week coming I will have a break, then I will start as Project Assistant with DHL IT Services in Prague.  The overall package is a great deal better than what I had, and as I intend to stay here long term I needed to have a legitimate secure job with some opportunities hovering somewhere in the distance.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that this time things will work out and I get some enjoyment from it all.

I am amazed at how fast Christmas is creeping up on us, it really isn'€™t all that long away now.  Petra and I want to go away for New Year but we are finding it a little difficult to find a Penzion that has availability.  We should keep looking though, as it would be disappointing to do nothing as we did last year.  We would of course love to go skiing or something like that for the whole of Christmas and New Year, but we should be moving into our new flat at around that time or just after, so we understand that we need to keep as much money as possible ready to buy all the furniture we need and all the appliances etc that will set us up in our place.  Actually, I feel quite romantic about it, because it will be our first place together that we will be going into together with a kind of equal stake in how we choose the things we want, you see, Petra came to live with me in England and therefore I already had the house set up with everything that I or we needed, then when I sold the house and everything in it, we moved the CR and have been renting for the past year, in a fully furnished flat and haven'€™t needed to get anything. Now we will be starting again and itâ€'s just a little exciting to go and purchase all the stuff we'€™ll need just like a new couple may do.

 

We will still look forward to our next skiing trip...............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home