Monday, July 30, 2007

Sunday and busy

What a great day yesterday. I got up fairly early for a weekend, before 7.00am and left Petra to sleep a little longer. I decided on Saturday night that I would like to go for an early bike ride by myself and get some higher level training in. So I got myself ready quick and had a cuppa, readied my bike and set off by 07.30. My trip was already planned as it is one I have done a few times now, so I knew how long it should take me and how far I would go. Only this time I decided to do it in reverse. (later I would discover it is tougher this way). I completed my ride of 45km in 1 hour 39 minutes, which is ok. Once back I showered and Petra made me some breakfast, boiled eggs and a bread roll yum yum with a couple of cups of tea.

After the bike ride in the morning we had to pop into the shopping centre, Petra needed to buy a gift for her friend at work who is leaving to start another job, and for another friend who recently had a baby. We popped into Mothercare, and I instantly got a cold shiver on walking through the door, all those baby things around!

We didn’t have a lot of time for this because we had arranged to meet Jana and Radek at Troja to go skating with them. We got back home and packed our skates then jumped on the metro to go to the meeting point. Petra and I hadn’t had chance to get some lunch so we grabbed a bowl of soup just before skating, I was feeling a little tired and the wind was strong so after 12 km of skating I was happy to go find the wine cellar at the Botanical gardens nearby. We sat for a glass of wine and chatted then took a stroll around the gardens and the vineyard before heading off to Albert, the supermarket, to get some chicken for dinner. When this was done we jumped back onto the metro and headed home to cook and relax for the evening. Petra got a DVD, it was a bit crap, something about a white woman who goes to live with a Masai warrior in his village. Turns out the Masai warrior was a bit of a nutter so after about 6/7 years she left him and went back to Switzerland blah blah blah.

So today will be a rest day from training. Excellent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home