Sunday, November 18, 2007

Spoke to soon

On Monday I will start in the MEDD program, this is the biggest program running in DHL at the moment, and involves the migration of the Exel systems to intergrate with the DHL ones. The program should complete at the end of December, however, the program director has applied for an extension because some elements of the program a running behind. He tells me that the delays are with parts undertaken by contractors rather than our own team. I will have to learn very quickly and try to pick up the role fast from the person currently doing it as she finishes her term also at the end of December. My boss laughed when I told him I had not experience, he said 'so we'll drop you in at the deep end, you'll not be a project assistant at the end of this, ha ha ha'.

I'm looking forward to learning the new things, and having some responsibilities, and I really hope I don't let anyone or myself down. If this work suits me, I have an opportunity to settle in here and have a stable and progressive job.

As always, I'll keep you posted

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home