Tuesday, May 01, 2007

New Job

I have a job now, and so the story goes that I am very short of time. I have the same time as every one else does, but I always seem to have to many things to fit into it. I guess that’s better than having nothing to do.

The new company I work for is WorldClass health clubs, you can find out more about them at www.worldclass.cz . I am the General Manager for the Czech operations which means accountability for the business here. 3 clubs, quite small but with nice facilities and decent clientele.

I have kind of been thrown in a the deep end, but its no real problem, in many ways it’s better because it makes you get on with it and ask questions which leads to you obtaining knowledge about the business faster. On Thursday I have to fly to Sweden again, this time to give the QTR 1 presentation to the Board. I am certainly not looking forward to it but its necessary so I must just get on with it. The 2 main people who should have done it are absent due to holidays so it fell on me to prepare and deliver.

Petra and I have had some lovely inline skating lately, and the weather has been so nice we get out as much as we can, last weekend an old colleague of hers visited Prague with her husband so we spent Saturday afternoon giving them a tour and having the customary food, beer and icecream, it was fun.

We haven’t got anywhere with the flat hunting, it has really stalled, I think it is because we are so short of time, I have been working long days and haven’t even felt interested in looking. We really must though, we can’t live in the rented accommodation for ever, it’s just money thrown away. Even my money in the bank doesn’t earn interest because of the shit interest rates here. The banks like to take your money but certainly don’t like to give you any.

Today was a public holiday, and the Czechs are smart, they book the Monday as holiday then they have 4 days off together, so its been like a ghost town except for tourists. Really, it shocked me how few people stayed in Prague, many of them seem to leave for a short vacation or to their weekend houses. Next week will be the same because Tuesday is also a public holiday. Hooray. It’s only a couple of weeks now until our trip to Paris, I’m looking forward to it, in July we are visiting Vienna because there is another public holiday so we’ll take a trip there with Jana and Radek. I’m quite excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home